How many times have you started out your new year with the promise to yourself that this is the year that you are going to do all of those “things” that you know are good for you.
You know those things such as implementing daily spiritual practices, meditation, journalling, exercising, healthy eating, self development, being kinder to yourself and the list goes on.
I have often felt like that crazy “Gonna” person!
I’m gonna do this and I’m gonna to that but then you never really do any of it. It’s so embarrassing and I get so frustrated with myself at times because everyone else around me knows that I said I was “gonna” do it and I haven’t. It’s hard to hide your inner “gonna” when you are constantly telling everyone what you are going to do isn’t it.
On some level you would actually think that telling everyone what your plans or intentions are would somehow keep you accountable, but we all know that it doesn’t, we just avoid making eye contact with those people in the hopes that they won’t be triggered to remember what we said that we were going to do and then they won’t ask us “have you don’t that yet’.
This also activates within us a sense of shame, of wanting to hide out just a little because we feel like some great big giant phoney.
So to assist you in avoiding feeling like a phoney, having to avoid eye contact with your friends and allow you to leave your home I have discovered some really useful tips that help you stay on track with your intentions.
- What is your intention? Be specific here and keep it simple.
- How can you measure this? How will you know when you have accomplished your intention? What needs to happen?
- What does it mean to you? Why is it important? What is your WHY for wanting to do this?
- Imagine how you will feel, what you will see, what you will here when you have implemented your intention. What will the ripple effect into all other areas of your life be once you have implemented your intention?
- Is it realistic? Eg – If you are completely tone deaf is it reasonable that you will be singing in clubs in 1 month? Is your intention good for you, your family, your community and the Planet? Is it for you Highest Good and the Highest good of others?
- What is the time frame that you are going to implement this within?
- What needs to happens that you know that you have achieved it?
- AGAIN – See it, feel it, hear it, feel it, know it to be SO.
- See yourself as though you are actually in your body successfully implementing and achieving your goals/intentions.
- Each week revisit your intentions and your goals to be sure that you are keeping in alignment with what you have been intuitively guided to implement into your life.
Before you know it beautiful one you will be standing with your head proudly raised deliberately looking your friends in their eyes with the biggest grin on your face because you are now no longer a “gonna” chick.
You are an empowered successful being who is living your life to the fullest.
The greatest feeling is that of having achieved what you have set out to do for yourself.